11. Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat.
2. Add potatoes to boiling water, and parboil for 10 minutes. Drain.
23. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add potatoes and saute, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are browned and almost cooked through. (depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to do this in 2 batches to avoid overcrowding.) Season with salt and pepper, remove from pan to a large bowl, and set aside.
34. In the same skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add onion and fresh green chiles (if using fresh) and saute for about 5 minutes or until softened and onions are just beginning to brown. Add sausage, and cook, stirring frequently to break sausage into crumbles, for about 6 minutes or until sausage is cooked through. Stir in the canned green chiles (if using canned), remove to a separate bowl, and set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs.
46. In the same skillet, over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon butter. Add eggs, and cook stirring and turning eggs constantly, for about 3-4 minutes or until eggs are just cooked. Remove from heat.
7. Center 1 tortilla on a 12 inch piece of wax paper. Place ingredients down the center of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2 inch border at the top and bottom. For each tortilla use 1/3 cup of potatoes, 1/4 cup of sausage mixture, 1/4 cup egg, and 2 tablespoons shredded Jack cheese. Fold in top and bottom of tortilla and then roll tightly.
8. Wrap filled burritos tightly in wax paper, store wrapped burritos in a large zipper-lock plastic bag, label and freeze.
5TO REHEAT AFTER FREEZING:
1. Unwrap burrito from wax paper, and place on a paper towel lined plate. Microwave on high for about 2 1/2 minutes or until heated through, stopping to turn once during cooking.
2. Serve with your favorite hot sauce.
6NOTE: Similar to blanching with a longer cooking time parboiling involves partially cooking foods in boiling water.