Boiled Custard Panettone Italian Toast
How to Make Boiled Custard Panettone Italian Toast
- Cut the Panettone loaf into 4 sections (top to bottom.) Then cut one section into 6 slices after laying it on its side. Set aside.
- Break the egg into a flat bottom bowl, baking dish or pie plate. Discard shell.
- Add the Boiled Custard to the egg. Whisk with a fork untill well blended. Set aside.
- Place a large non stick pan or griddle on the stove over med heat. Let it get hot enough to make a few sprinkles of water sizzle when splashed on it.
- As skillet heats place bread wedges in the egg mixture to soak. Turn to coat all sides.
- Add butter pats (tsp) to the skillet one at a time and lay an eggy bread wedge on each pat of melting butter as you go (pick up the bread with the fork you whisked the eggs with.) Let the buttered, eggy, bread brown in the skillet 3-4 min.
- Just before flipping the bread add a pat of butter to the top of the bread. The butter should be on the skillet surface under the bread after it is flipped. Let this side brown 3-4 min. Transfer browned bread to a plate.
- Serve with Maple Syrup.