Bobbie's Holiday Cheese Blintzes
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These blintzes are some of the best I've ever had! The cheese mixture, with a touch of lemon zest, really shines. We chose to use strawberry preserves and whipped cream... oh so good. They're great for a special brunch! The Test Kitchen
1 1/4 cmilk
1 call-purpose flour, sifted
2 Tbspbutter or margarine, melted
2 pkg3 oz each, cream cheese
12 ozcottage cheese, small curd
1 tspgrated lemon rind
How to Make Bobbie's Holiday Cheese Blintzes
- Beat eggs (2) and milk just until blended; add flour & salt; beat just until smooth. Stir in melted butter; chill at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese & cottage cheese in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in 1 egg, sugar, lemon rind, cinnamon and nutmeg until well blended; refrigerate while preparing blintz crepes.
- Heat a 7-inch skillet over medium heat. Grease lightly with butter (or Pam). Pour in 3 tablespoons of crepe batter, rotation pan quickly to spread batter evenly. Cook till lightly browned on underside, flip and cook lightly. Remove from pan to plate, repeat with remaining batter. Stack crepes on plate, makes 8 to 12 crepes.
- Place crepe on a non-stick cookie sheet, one at a time. Spread, evenly, cottage cheese mixture onto crepe. Roll filled crepe. Repeat with each crepe.
Place in oven at 315 degrees.
- While crepes are warming, heat favorite jam, pie filling or preserves. Prepare favorite breakfast meat.
Arrange warm blintzes on plate, top with warm jam-choice, a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with powdered sugar. ENJOY!