By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbasparagus, trimmed
1 smallclove garlic, minced
1/2 lbmushrooms, sliced
4eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 tspcrushed dried basil or 3/4 teaspoons minced fresh basil
pinchfreshly ground black pepper
How to Make Asparagus Omelet
- Cut asparagus in 1 inch pieces. Cook in boiling salted water until tender, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in 8 inch skillet, preferably one with non-stick lining; saute garlic and mushrooms until done and moisture has evaporated.
- Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, basil and pepper.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet until foamy, swirling it around pan to coat evenly.
- When hot enough that a drop of water sizzles when dropped in, pour in egg mixture.
- Tip pan so eggs coat skillet evenly.
- As eggs cook, periodically lift up cooked edges, tilt pan and let uncooked egg run underneath.
- When eggs are cooked, but surface is still shiny, place asparagus and mushrooms on one side; slide out of pan, folding side without vegetables over top.
- Serve immediately.