An Excuse for Cheese and Bacon Quiche
This is a basic quiche recipe that can easily be adjusted to accommodate different ingredients. For example, substitute cooked shrimp for the bacon, or substitute crumbled pork breakfast sausage for the bacon and change the cheese to cheddar or Colby or eliminate meat and add spinach and artichokes. The possibilities are endless.
- unbaked pie shell
- 1 1/4 lb
- cheese, half gruyere and half swiss
- 1 bunch
- green onions, chopped finely
- shallots, chopped finely
- 8 oz
- thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- 3/4 lb
- bacon, fried and crumbled
- eggs, beaten
- 2 c
- half and halfor (gasp!) heavy cream
- 1 tsp
- tony chachere's creole seasoning
How to Make An Excuse for Cheese and Bacon Quiche
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook and crumble bacon.
- 2Chop onions and shallots and thinly slice mushrooms.
- 3Saute onions and shallots until translucent. Add mushrooms to pan and saute slowly until mushrooms are slightly caramelized, stirring often.
- 4Spread bacon, sautéed onions, mushrooms, and shredded cheeses in bottom of thawed pie shell (Should be enough to fill about ¾ from top, but not to tiptop.)
- 5Beat eggs. Add half and half and Tony Chachere’s. Mix well. Pour slowly ovet top of bacon and seasonings carefully.
- 6Place filled pie shell on cookie sheet. Bake about 45-50 minutes or until when you jiggle pie pan, custard is set, or a knife inserted into center of quiche comes out clean.
- 7Let rest about 15 minutes before slicing and serving.