5 Minute Portuguese Potato Chip Omelet
On the news, she states that this is a common way to make your traditional Spainish/Portuguese potato omelet but using potato chips.
- whole eggs
- 6-8 oz
- bag of chips
- 2 slice
- presunto, ham, chourica, cooked chicken, cooked shrimp turkey (meats are optional)
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp
- chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- ground black pepper to taste
- cheese (optional) to taste
How to Make 5 Minute Portuguese Potato Chip Omelet
- 1In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy and add the chips or potatoes. Let them sit for about 5-10 minutes to soften.
Meanwhile, on high heat brown the onions and presunto in 3 tablespoons of olive oil until crispy.
- 2Mix in the egg and potato mixture and 1 tsp parsley. Cook on medium for 3 -5 minutes (shake pan so it doesn’t stick)
Flip the omelet onto a large serving dish and then place the omelet back in the skillet uncooked side down for another 2 minutes.
- 3At this point you can add cheese (if using), or just top with the remaining tsp fresh parsley. Enjoy!