Mom's Famous Waffles
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 largeeggs, separated
1 1/2 cwhole milk
1/2 ccanola oil
1 3/4 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
How to Make Mom's Famous Waffles
- Lightly spray waffle iron with "Pam". Close unit and preheat iron per manufacturer's directions.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff (not dry) and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Continue beating, adding milk and canola oil. Add dry ingredients, beat until smooth. Gently fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour 1 cup batter evenly on preheated grid. Close unit and bake until light goes out (approximately 5 minutes) or per your unit's manufacturer's directions.
- Makes 3 or 4 (4-section) waffles. You can add chocolate chips, blueberries, etc. when the batter is on the iron.