Zucchini Bread Pancakes
I can’t think of a better way to start a Saturday.
Hot fluffy buttermilk paNCAKESSSSS!!!! [Oprah voice]
Shredded zucchini in pancakes works a lot like shredded zucchini in bread. It’s moist, it’s sweet, and it’s happy to be covered in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Oh! I forgot to tell you about the pecans! I added pecans to the batter. The crunch is perfect.
1 cwhole wheat flour
1 call purpose flour
2 Tbspbrown sugar
2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspcinnamon
1/2 tspkosher salt
2 cwhole fat buttermilk
2 largeeggs, lightly beaten
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 cfinely shredded zucchini (see note)
1/2 cchopped pecans or walnuts
·butter and syrup for serving
How to Make Zucchini Bread Pancakes
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- 2Pour in the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir until just combined, making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl so there are no pockets of dry mix.
- Stir in the shredded zucchini and pecans.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium high heat (I usually set the electric griddle to about 375 degrees)
- I like to butter the griddle for pancakes. It gives them a slight buttery crisp on top.
- Pour the batter onto the griddle to make your pancakes.
- I find that a 1/4 cup measure works perfectly for scooping batter and pouring.
- Let the first side cook until bubbles appear.
- Flip and cook on the second side for 1-2 minutes. Repeat until you've used all the batter.
- Serve with butter and syrup!
Make sure you zucchini is shredded finely so that it will break down in the cooking process.
- I don't peel my zucchini. I love the green. But it's a matter of preference. You can peel yours if you'd like.