Sirniki - Farmer's Cheese Pancakes
I've never made these, but evidently they are quite messy to make because the batter is very thin. Please read the comments of people who made them so you won't end up with an unpleasant surprise ;-)
14-15 ozfarmer's cheese or ricotta (2-2 1/2 cups)
2 Tbspsour cream
1/2 cflour plus another half cup for dredging
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 craisins (optional)
·butter or oil for frying
How to Make Sirniki - Farmer's Cheese Pancakes
- Place farmer's cheese in food processor and pulse until smooth, add eggs, sour cream, sugar and vanilla, pulse until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, salt, then add to the wet mix in the food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add raisins, if using, and mix with spatula.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter or oil in a non-stick skillet on medium low heat. The oil has to become really hot, so be patient! If it's not hot enough, the pancakes will soak up too much fat and become greasy.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup of flour on a shallow dish, scoop about 1/4 cup of batter onto floured dish, dredge and then fry until golden brown.
- Serve warm with sour cream, fruit or jam.