Served with applesauce or sour cream.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 c
- mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 c
How to Make Potato Pancakes
- 1With a hand mixer, combine potatoes, salt, butter and egg.
- 2Combine flour and baking powder., adding slowly to potato mixture until a soft but firm dough forms.
- 3Turn out onto a working surface that has been dusted with flour. Gently turn the dough over on itself a few times. Then roll out or pat out until a 1/2 inch thickness.
- 4Spoon additional flour onto saucer near the stove top.
- 5Heat 1/8 inch of oil in a fry pan on moderately high heat until it is hot but not smoking. Keep about a cupful of oil nearby because you will have to replace it as the pancakes fry.
- 6Dust your hands generously with flour before handling the dough. Tear off a small pancake size piece of dough, gently dredge it through the flour and place in the hot pan. Fry until light brown.
- 7Drain on a plate that has been covered with a paper towel or place in a warm oven until all dough has been fried.
- 8Serve hot with melted butter or honey.