Served with applesauce or sour cream.
How to Make Potato Pancakes
- With a hand mixer, combine potatoes, salt, butter and egg.
- Combine flour and baking powder., adding slowly to potato mixture until a soft but firm dough forms.
- Turn out onto a working surface that has been dusted with flour. Gently turn the dough over on itself a few times. Then roll out or pat out until a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Spoon additional flour onto saucer near the stove top.
- Heat 1/8 inch of oil in a fry pan on moderately high heat until it is hot but not smoking. Keep about a cupful of oil nearby because you will have to replace it as the pancakes fry.
- Dust your hands generously with flour before handling the dough. Tear off a small pancake size piece of dough, gently dredge it through the flour and place in the hot pan. Fry until light brown.
- Drain on a plate that has been covered with a paper towel or place in a warm oven until all dough has been fried.
- Serve hot with melted butter or honey.