Oven-Baked Apple-Pecan Pancake
- 3/4 c
- aunt jemima buttermilk complete pancake & waffle mix
- 1/2 c
- 1/3 c
- 2 large
- tart cooking apples, pared and thinly sliced (about 3 cups slices)
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarin, melted
- 1/4 c
- chopped pecans
- 1 tsp
How to Make Oven-Baked Apple-Pecan Pancake
- 1Heat oven to 450. Combine pancake mix, water, eggs and 1 teaspoon sugar in a bowl; mix well. In 9 or 10 inch oven-proof skillet, saute apples in melted butter over medium-high heat until tinder.
- 2Remove skillet from heat; sprinkle apples with nuts. Pour batter evenly over apples and nuts. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- 3Cover skillet with lid or foil; bake at 450 for 12 to 14 minutes or until pancake is puffed and sugar is melted. Loosen side of pancake from skillet; cool slightly. Cut into wedges.
- 4Note: If oven-proof skillet is not available, saute apples in standard skillet; transfer to 9 or 10 inch pie plate. Proceed as recipe directs.