Hide and Seek Pancakes
How to Make Hide and Seek Pancakes
- I use pancake mix from Gordon Foods which is a restaurant supply store here where I live. I imagine that you can make any plain pancake mix that you like, you don't want it super thick, but not too runny either.
- line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place strips of bacon on sheet so that they lay as flat as they can. you do not want the pieces to touch because you need individual pieces to be crispy but movable after this step.
- put bacon in 435 oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together your pancake mix. Make sure it is pourable but not too runny.
- When bacon is finished place single slice of bacon on skillet, cover with batter. By trial and error I found that a little less than 1/2 a cup of batter is the right amount. I poured the batter along the length of the bacon so it makes a long narrow pancake.
- cook pancake until the cake is almost done all the way through on the first side, then flip over to finish cooking. It takes 2-3 minutes on the first side and only about 30 seconds on the second side.
- you cover the bacon with pancake batter but when you flip it over, you can see the slice of bacon cooked into the pancake. Supper yummy and easy to just pick up and eat.