Fluffy Pecan Pancakes
- 2 c
- a.p. flour
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- salt (less or more to taste)
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 3/4 dash(es)
- finely chopped pecans, toasted if desired
- 1 c
- 3/4 c
- 2 large
- eggs, separated
- 1/4 c
- melted butter
- vegetable oil
- pecan halves (optional) or fruit (to garnish) (optional)
How to Make Fluffy Pecan Pancakes
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, soda, and chopped pecans.
- 2In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and milk, egg yolks, and melted butter. Blend into the dry ingredients just until all ingredients are moistened.
- 3Beat egg whites in another bowl until stiff peaks form.
Fold into the batter until well incorporated.
- 4Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet over medium heat (or use a griddle to make more at a time).
- 5When skillet is hot enough for a drop of water to sizzle, scoop pancake batter onto the skillet in about 1/4-cup portions, spreading slightly.
- 6When edges are rather dry and bubbles are popping and bottoms are nicely browned, about 2 to 3 minutes, turn over and cook the other side until browned, about 2 minutes longer.
- 7Serve hot with butter and syrup and garnish with pecan halves or fruit, if desired.