Caramel Cake Pancakes
The caramel sauce is a little tricky to make. IF you don’t make caramel sauce often and the process is a little intimidating.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 c
- self-rising flour
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- whole milk
- 2 large
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- canola oil
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 c
- whipping cream
How to Make Caramel Cake Pancakes
- 1Whisk together flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- 2In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- 3Gradually stir milk mixture into flour mixture, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 4Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- 5Drizzle a little canola oil on griddle and carefully spread it over griddle using a paper towel.
- 6Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto griddle and cook until bubbles form.
- 7Flip and cook until second side is lightly browned. Remove from griddle and keep warm.
- 8Melt 1/2 cup butter in a heavy medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- 9Add 1 cup of sugar and lemon juice and cook until mixture forms a caramel color, stirring occasionally.
- 10This should take 5 to 6 minutes.
- 11Once caramel color is achieved, gradually add whipping cream and continue to cook while stirring vigorously and constantly, another 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth.
- 12Use immediately or store in refrigerator.
- 13Reheat in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds.