Caramel Cake Pancakes
The caramel sauce is a little tricky to make. IF you don’t make caramel sauce often and the process is a little intimidating.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cself-rising flour
1 cwhole milk
3 Tbspbutter, melted
2 tsppure vanilla extract
1 tspfresh lemon juice
3/4 cwhipping cream
How to Make Caramel Cake Pancakes
- Whisk together flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir milk mixture into flour mixture, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Drizzle a little canola oil on griddle and carefully spread it over griddle using a paper towel.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto griddle and cook until bubbles form.
- Flip and cook until second side is lightly browned. Remove from griddle and keep warm.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a heavy medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and lemon juice and cook until mixture forms a caramel color, stirring occasionally.
- This should take 5 to 6 minutes.
- Once caramel color is achieved, gradually add whipping cream and continue to cook while stirring vigorously and constantly, another 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth.
- Use immediately or store in refrigerator.
- Reheat in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds.