Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of pecan pieces, or more
- light tasting olive oil for cooking
How to Make Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes
- 1Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle that has been coated with a teaspoon of oil.
- 2In a bowl, or large measuring cup, whisk together the flour, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- 3Add the buttermilk, egg and butter. Stir mixture together just to combine. It doesn’t matter if there is flour lumps in there. Do not over stir the batter!
- 4Pour about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter into your oiled hot skillet or griddle. Sprinkle a few pecans over the batter. When the pancakes have bubbles on top, flip over and cook on the other side until browned. (Cook about 1½ minutes on each side).
- 5Serve with butter and maple syrup.
- 6**Add a bit of oil to the skillet for each pancake you fry. Makes approximately 4-6 pancakes. You can nuke them in the microwave to warm them up a bit, if you want to serve them all at the same time.