Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 mediumgala apples
3 cmulti-grain pancake mix
2 1/2 cwater
1 Tbspcinnamon, ground
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- peel and core apples. Shred apples in food processor. Save your scraps to compost or put out to feed the small critters that may be running around your yard.
- Put pancake mix in large bowl. I use a commercial mix that I buy from Gordon Foods which is a restaurant supply store. Add water one cup at a time. Be sure to mix well between each cup because depending on your mix you may not need as much or you may need more.
- stir in apples and cinnamon. Sometimes to give the apples a little more zing I pour some of the cinnamon over them while I'm mixing everything else together. Make sure you use a rubber spatula and mix everything up from the bottom of the bowl or you may get some pancakes with too much apple and some with just plain batter.
- cook on prepared griddle to your liking. I measure out only 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. These pancakes are very hearty and much more batter than that makes it difficult to flip them. Typically it takes 1-2 minutes per side. Make sure you push down on the top before removing from pan to make sure you don't have any raw batter in the middle.
- Enjoy these for breakfast or brunch today with either syrup or cream cheese, then freeze the left overs for later. To reheat, thaw pancakes in refrigerator; place on single layer in the oven at 425 for 8-12 minutes, or in toaster oven at 450 for 10 minutes or microwave 20-30 seconds.