Upside Down Banana Walnut French Toast
- 1-1/2 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
- 1/4 c
- corn syrup
- 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts
- 3 medium
- bananas, sliced
- 16 oz
- loaf of firm cinnamon bread (unfrosted kind), heels removed
- 1-1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Upside Down Banana Walnut French Toast
- 1Grease a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with shortening. In a large bowl, stir together brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and walnuts until smooth. Gently stir in bananas. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- 2Arrange 2 layers of cinnamon bread slices on banana mixture, tearing bread to fit if necessary.
- 3In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla until well mixed. Pour over bread. Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.
- 4Heat oven to 325. Uncover bread mixture. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve portions upside down, spooning sauce from bottom of dish over each serving.