Stephanie's Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
She says she's been making these cookies for over 20 years and I believe it,she whipped through these recipes without looking at the recipe and was finish baking 5 dozen in no time!
she says you can add any dried fruit,she sometimes adds chopped dates,prunes or dried apples or bananas.
Another tip she says if your bananas aren't ripe,put them in the microwave few minutes to soften.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter,softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 large bananas,mashed
- 2 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 c old fashion oats
- 1 c dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 c pecans,optional
How to Make Stephanie's Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- 1In a large bowl mix everything together but the cranberries or raisins. Mix well until all the batter becomes moist and well incorporated. Slowly stir in the cranberries.
Using a cookie scoop drop cookie dough 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets. Slightly flatten the cookies with a wet hand.Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until golden.
Remove to a rack to cool.
Put in an air tight container.