I remember my Aunt Jean would make this every time we visited Tennessee. Something about southern foods....
- 1 lb
- bob evans pork sausage
- 1/2 c
- flour, or more if needed
- 6 c
- 2% milk, or whole milk. just don't use skim!
- 1 tsp
- seasoning salt
- 2 Tbsp
- black pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 stick
- butter, room temperature
How to Make Sausage Gravy
- 1Over medium heat, brown your sausage in a dutch oven. When all of the sausage is good and browned, add the flour to coat it all. If it looks like too much, it's perfect!
- 2Keeping the heat on medium, add the milk, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir somewhat frequently, making sure the milk doesn't scorch or burn. After about 10 minutes, do the "spoon coating test," where the gravy thickly coats the back of your spoon.
- 3Add the butter, stir until melted, and serve over biscuits.