Poached Eggs on Toast
How to Make Poached Eggs on Toast
- 1Lightly grease a deep skillet, or a saucepan. (I spray the skillet or saucepan with a no-stick cooking spray.)
- 2Add 1-inch of water to the skillet, but if using the saucepan, add 1-1/2-inches of water.
- 3To the water, add the 1/4 teaspoon of salt; then heat water just to boiling.
- 4Break eggs into 2 separate custard dishes.
- 5When the water comes to a boil, carefully slip the eggs into the skillet or saucepan.
- 6Cover the pan or skillet, and cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
- 7Remove poached eggs with a slotted spoon or pancake turner.
- 8Serve poached eggs on buttered toast, then season with black pepper and a light sprinkle of dried parsley flakes.