Poached Eggs on Toast
How to Make Poached Eggs on Toast
- Lightly grease a deep skillet, or a saucepan. (I spray the skillet or saucepan with a no-stick cooking spray.)
- Add 1-inch of water to the skillet, but if using the saucepan, add 1-1/2-inches of water.
- To the water, add the 1/4 teaspoon of salt; then heat water just to boiling.
- Break eggs into 2 separate custard dishes.
- When the water comes to a boil, carefully slip the eggs into the skillet or saucepan.
- Cover the pan or skillet, and cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove poached eggs with a slotted spoon or pancake turner.
- Serve poached eggs on buttered toast, then season with black pepper and a light sprinkle of dried parsley flakes.