This recipe has been passed around so much I'm not sure of where it originated from. All I know is this is one of THE best french toast recipes I've ever tasted! I made this to serve Christmas morning and my family loved it! we even had some cold the next day and it was still delicious! It also frees up your time since you can assemble it the night before to bake the next morning.
11. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar....stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan....spread around.
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single slices of bread in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Sprinkle some cinnamon over bread/eggs
7. Add 2nd layer of sliced bread
8. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
9. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
10. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
11. Sprinkle with powdered sugar & cinnamon
12. Serve with warm maple syrup