Ham and Asparagus Wraps with Eggs
I liked it so well I had to fiddle with it a bit and make it my own!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 slicethin cut bread, toasted and buttered
12 stalk(s)fresh asparagus, trimmed and cooked fork-tender
12 slicedeli ham, thinly sliced
6 slicebaby swiss cheese
·butter for skillet
How to Make Ham and Asparagus Wraps with Eggs
- Have the toasted bread buttered and ready, keep warm in the oven.
- Quick cook the asparagus in boiling water and set aside.
- In a skillet, set on med high, melt a pat of butter and cook the ham until it browns a bit at the edges. Keep warm in the oven.
- In a skillet, set on medium heat,place a pat of butter and individually fry each egg, sunny side up. Yolks should be heated through but still soft.
Sprinkle with just a pinch of salt and pepper, if desired.
- To assemble each serving: Wrap 2 slices of cooked ham and 1 slice cheese around 2 asparagus spears. Place on top of warm buttered toast slice and top each with a fried egg. You can substitute a perfectly soft-poached egg for the fried egg, if you prefer. The point is to have the egg yolk coat the rest of the ingredients when you begin to eat it...delicious! Note: This dish is also nice when served as a flat open-faced sandwich. Just Top the buttered toast with the ham slices, lay a slice of cheese atop that and then add the fried egg and arrange the asparagus spears in an X shape on top of that...a curl of pimento is a good final garnish.