Goof Proof Mushroom Quiche
110 inch unbaked pie shell, chilled
1 Tbspbutter, softened
1 cgrated swiss or gruyere cheese
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 ptlight cream
1/4 cparmesan cheese, grated
2 Tbspbutter, melted
1 1/2 cmushrooms, chopped and sauteed in 3 tablespoons butter until tender
How to Make Goof Proof Mushroom Quiche
- Spread the softened butter onto the bottom of the pie shell.
- Sprinkle cheese over the bottom of the pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg.
- Add eggs and cream to dry ingredients and beat until mixed but not frothy. Add the sauteed mushrooms and pour the mixture over the cheese in the pie shell.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and melted butter. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.