Disappearing Cinnamon Rolls
I have combined multiple recipes that I have tweaked and found that this happens to work for my family. I hope that if you try this, feel free to tweak it to your family's preferences!!!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
CRESCENT/CINNAMON ROLL BASE
2 pkgactive dry yeast
1/2 cwarm water
1/2 cbutter, melted
VANISHING CINNAMON ROLLS - USING ONE DOUGH BALL FROM ABOVE
3 Tbspbutter, melted
1 lbbrown sugar
1 bottleground cinnamon
THE MOST AMAZING ICING
1 stickbutter, melted
2 cpowdered sugar
1 tspvanilla/maple extract
1 bottleinternational delight cinnabon creamer
How to Make Disappearing Cinnamon Rolls
- In a large drinking glass, dissolve yeast into warm, not hot water with 1 tsp of sugar.
- In a large microwavable mixing bowl warm milk, sugar and oil for 1 minute. Add salt.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix with a mixer. Add eggs and beat. Stir in the yeast mixture. If your mixer can handle it, add 3 more cups of flour and beat again, if not get your wooden spoon out! Add last 3 cups of flour and mix with spoon.
- Cover the dough in the bowl with a clean dish cloth or a piece of plastic wrap. Let it rise in a warm area of the kitchen for 2-3 hours or until it doubles in size.
- Separate dough into 4 equal size balls.
- If you are just making crescent rolls-
- roll them into a 1/4" thick circle and cut up like a pizza. Brush melted butter onto triangles and roll up. Place onto a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper and cover again with a dishcloth. Let rise for another hour.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375F until golden brown.
- If you are making cinnamon rolls-
- Grease a large pan. Roll the dough out, or gently spread it by hand on the counter into a fairly even rectangle.
- Brush melted butter over entire dough. I used about 3/4 of a pound of brown sugar per dough ball. Sprinkle brown sugar in a thick layer over entire dough surface. Dust cinnamon a little on the heavy side over the sugar.
- Roll the dough fairly tightly and pinch the edges to seal it. Using dental floss, cut the rolls to about 11/2" thick.
- Place rolls into greased pan and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until they are double in size.
- in a 350F oven, bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. Drizzle with icing while rolls are hot, then enjoy!
- For the icing-
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Sprinkle in powdered sugar,half a cup at a time. Whisk until smooth. You may adjust sugar to your liking. Stir in the extract you want, then add the creamer until it becomes the consistency that you want to go over your rolls! Enjoy!!!!