COFFEE CAKE MUFFINS
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/4 cshortening, butter flavor
4 ozsour cream
1/4 cgranulated sugar
1 largeegg, beaten
1/4 cpacked brown sugar
1/4 cnuts, chopped
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
How to Make COFFEE CAKE MUFFINS
- Makes 6 regular size muffins.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in the shortening till the flour mixture is crumbly.
- In another mixing bowl. stir together the sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar, the milk and egg. Add these to the dry ingredients and stir all till the mixture is combined.
- Stir together brown sugar, nuts and 2 Tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- Spoon half the batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle half of the nut mixture into cups. Top with remaining batter and the remaining nut mixture.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or till toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.