Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·saute'ed cinnamon apple filling
4granny smith apples, peeled and chopped into small pieces
1/2 cbrown sugar
1 1/2 Tbspcinnamon
1/4 ccoconut, vegetable or canola oil
3-3 1/2 call-purpose flour plus more for rolling
1/4 cgranulated sugar
2 1/4 tspinstant yeast
1/4 tspsea salt
2 cconfectioners' sugar
How to Make Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING
On medium heat, melt butter in a large frying pan
- Once butter is melted add apples, brown sugar and cinnamon and cook on medium heat for five minutes, stirring regularly
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool while making dough
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR ROLLS...
Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a microwave safe dish, heat buttermilk for 30 seconds. You want it to be warm, but not hot
- Once buttermilk is warm, add oil and stir to combine
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt
In a large bowl, mix buttermilk, oil and yeast with a spoon. Allow to rest for 5 minutes
- Add 3 cups of flour mixture and egg to the bowl and knead until combined. If dough is still sticky after all the flour has been kneaded in, add remaining 1/2 cup of flour and knead until the dough it soft and no longer sticking to the sides
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll dough out into a large rectangle approximately 1/2 inch thick.
Evenly spread dough with the sautéed apple filling mixture
- Beginning with the long side closest to you, tightly roll dough to opposite side, pinching the seam together at the end.
- Cut rolls into 12 even pieces and place in a greased 9-by-13 inch pan
Cover pan with a warm damp cloth and allow rise for about 25 minutes in a dark, warm place
- Once rolls have risen, bake at 400 F for 15 minutes, or until slightly browned.
While rolls are baking, prepare your caramel glaze:
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR CARAMEL GLAZE:
In a medium saucepan, melt caramel, cream and butter. Once melted, remove from heat and add confectioners’ sugar and sea salt. Whisk until smooth
- When rolls are done baking, remove from oven, cool for 5 minutes, and pour glaze
Allow glaze to set for 15 minutes before serving.
- TOPPING SUGGESTIONS:
After you glaze the rolls, make them extra decadent with:
• Crushed pecans
• Chopped almonds
• Diced bacon
• Caramel sauce
• Maple syrup