This has now become our Christmas morning breakfast although I would love to have it more often, it is sooooo good!
- dough ball, either you can make this or buy premade from the grocery. fresh is so much better but i don't make dough so if i can't get someone else to do it, store-bought it is!
- 1 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb
- sausage, cooked and drained (optional) (also good with turkey sausage)
- 6 slice
- bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Breakfast Pizza
- 1Preheat oven to 400 - 450 degrees (or in-between depending on how hot your oven runs)
- 2Stretch out your dough ball (if not using a pre-made crust), put in pizza pan, pinching the sides a little higher so the egg doesn't run out.
- 3Mix together the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses (I like to use white cheddar, my daughter insists on yellow) and spread the cheese all over the crust.
- 4Add any other ingredients you want, we usually just add cooked, crumbled sausage. Sprinkle over top of the crust and cheese.
- 5Beat eggs using whatever spices you normally use in scrambled eggs (we use a little salt and pepper), spoon over the pizza making sure you don't add so much it spills over the sides. Make sure the eggs go on last.
- 6Gently slide pizza into the oven, cook for 15 minutes or until egg is not runny.
- 7Note: Could also spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese on the crust before the regular cheeses.