How to Make Breakfast Biscuits
- 1Brown the sausage in a skillet, crumbling it up. With a slotted spoon, remove sausage to a plate covered with paper towel to drain and set aside to cool. (A non-stick pan works best.)
- 2Whisk the 8 eggs in a bowl with a little salt and pepper. In the same skillet you cooked the sausage in, set it back over the heat, then pour in the eggs and gently stir with a spatula till all is cooked. Remove to a plate. When cool, use a knife and cut into pieces about 1/2-3/4" square.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, put the flour, baking powder, salt and whisk till combined. Cut in the Crisco with a pasty blender (or two knives) until finely blended. Whisk the 2 eggs with the milk till combined and pour over the flour mixture, mixing only until combined. It's okay if there's a little flour not mixed in. Then fold in the cooled sausage, scrambled egg pieces and the cheddar cheese only till combined.
- 4On large ungreased baking sheets (you'll need 2 half sheet pans),using a 1/4 cup measure sprayed with non-stick spray, scoop out and place on cookie sheets. Each sheet will make 12 (3 across and 4 down) for a total of 24.
- 5Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for about 15 minutes, switching baking sheets halfway through for even browning. (Depending on how hot your oven runs will determine the length of time. Bake them till they're brown but not overly-browned.)
- 6Note: You can also use an ice cream scoop to scoop the mixture onto the cookie sheets but they'll be a little smaller and will make a few more so you'll need another half sheet pan. Then adjust the baking time accordingly.
- 7Store them in the refrigerator.