Amish Baked Oatmeal
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 Tbspbutter, melted
3/4 cbrown sugar
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
3 cquick cooking oats
·warm milk, for serving
How to Make Amish Baked Oatmeal
- Melt the butter, and set it aside.
Grease a 1-1/2 qt. casserole dish.
- Drop in the eggs, and whisk slightly.
Add the brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until thoroughly blended.
Whisk in the melted butter and milk.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- At this point, you can refrigerate it overnight if you want to and bake it in the morning.
Or, you can bake it immediately at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is browned and it is slightly puffed.
- Serve warm, with warm milk poured over it.