- 1 lb
- thin bacon
- whole onion, diced
- bell pepper (any color), seeded and diced
- jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/4 c
- half & half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- tortillas (regular or whole grain)
- 1 1/2 c
- freshly grated cheddar and monterey jack cheese
- avocado slices (optional)
- pico de gallo, for serving
- sour cream for serving
How to Make Breakfast Quesadillas
- 1This recipe makes 3 quesadillas, which should serve 6 people.
Fry the bacon, then remove it to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour off the excess grease.
- 2Return the skillet to the stove over high heat. Add a couple of tablespoons of butter. When it's melted and the skillet is hot, add the onions, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Stir it around and cook until the veggies are starting to soften and turning golden brown. Remove to a plate and set aside. Set the skillet back on the stove over medium-low heat.
- 3Mix together the eggs, half-and-half, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet, then pour in the eggs. Scoot the eggs around the skillet with a spatula, cooking slowly, until the eggs are done. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- 4To assemble the quesadillas, place a tortilla on a buttered griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Add a layer of cheese, a layer of cooked veggies, a layer of bacon slices, a layer of eggs, a layer of avocado, and another layer of cheese. Top with a second tortilla.
- 5Cook on both sides, flipping carefully, until the cheeses are totally melted and filling is hot. Repeat with the other tortillas and ingredients.
Slice the 3 quesadillas into four wedges each. Serve on a plate with sour cream and pico de gallo or salsa (or grab them and head out the door!)