☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbbreakfast turkey sausage
2 Tbspwhoie milk
4 cwhole milk
2 cshredded cheddar cheese
·lots of pepper
3 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
3/4 tspcream of tartar
3/4 cbutter, cut up- dont use margarine
1 1/4 cbuttermilk
How to Make Breakfast pizza
- preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar.
- Cut in butter until mixture turns to coarse crumbs
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in buttermilk
- Using a fork, stir just until mixture is moistened
- place dough on a lightly floured surface
- knead dough and form an even rectangle with the edges slightly higher.
- place in the oven on a greased baking sheet or aluminum foil until it begins to set, about 10 minutes
- In the meantime, brown sausage in a large skillet on medium high heat until browned. Add as much pepper as you wish, I use a lot.
- Once browned, leaving grease in the skillet. reduce heat to medium and add 4 tablespoons flour and mix with a wooden spoon until meat is coated
- Add whole milk to skillet one cup at a time while mixing with a whisk. Allow each cup to thicken before adding more milk. add 4 cups all together. once thickened remove from heat and let set
- note: you can make more or less gravy just ensure the number of tablespoons of flour is equal to the number of cups of milk
- add pepper as you cook gravy to your liking. I like to add both black and red pepper, but much more black than red
- meanwhile whisk eggs and tablespoons of milk until evenly mixed. add salt and pepper to taste.
- in a separate skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter and melt over medium-high heat. Cook until scrambled but runny
- to assemble pizza, scoop gravy over biscuit crust keeping gravy inside raised edges
- crumble eggs over gravy evenly
- sprinkle cheese over evenly
- bake for 15 to 20 minutes until biscuit crust is baked through and gravy is bubbly as well as cheese is melted