Ultimate Spanish Omelette
If you like a little more pep in your meal, dice up and add the core and seeds of your jalapeno.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 ozsmoked ham, chopped
1/4 cwhole milk
1/4 mediumred onion
1/4 mediumgreen bell pepper, cored, diced
1 mediumtomato, diced
1 smalljalapeno pepper, cored, diced
1 mediumred potato, diced
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/4 tspgarlic salt
1/4 tspseasonall or seasoned salt
How to Make Ultimate Spanish Omelette
- In a large skillet, add 1 1/2 TBLS. olive oil on med./hi heat. When oil is hot, add chopped potato. fry until brown and tender.
- In a medium bowl, while potatoes are frying, whisk together milk and eggs. Add smoked ham, tomato, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, black pepper, salt, cayenne, and garlic salt. Mix well.
- When the potatoes are done, scrape the potatoes to the outer edges all the way around the skillet. pour egg mixture in the very middle of skillet.
- Add each slice of cheese on each size of the omlete. Turn down heat to med./low, Cover. Allow to cook 4 to 5 minutes or until bottom of omlete is slightly browned.
- Cut the omlete in half with a spatula between the cheese slices, then flip each side over so the cheese is inside. Allow to cook 1 more minute. Plate and serve.