Tip: Perfect Hard-boiled Eggs
How to Make Tip: Perfect Hard-boiled Eggs
- 1. Place the eggs (as many as you want) in a single layer in the bottom of a lidded sauce pan.
- 2. Fill with water to a point 1 inch above the eggs
- 3. Place over high heat and bring just to a good boil.
- 4. Immediately remove from heat, cover, and allow to sit for precisely 16 minutes.
- 5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to an ice water bath to stop the cooking.
- 6. Peel and use.
- Note: Eggs that are a week or more old are easier to peel than fresh eggs and eggs that have spent the night in the refrigerator are easier to peel. You can also add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the cooking water to make them easier to peel.