Sunday Brunch Omelet
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From The New York Times Heritage Cookbook.
3 mediumpotatoes, diced
1/3 conion, finely chopped
1 cham, diced
6eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 Tbspparsley, chopped
1/2 cmushrooms, finely chopped
1/2 cswiss cheese, shredded
How to Make Sunday Brunch Omelet
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with salted water and cook 10 minutes, or until barely done. Drain well.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet with flameproof handle.
- Saute the onion in skillet until tender.
- Add the potatoes and ham and cook 3 minutes.
- Combine the eggs, salt, pepper, milk, and parsley, and pour over potato mixture.
- Cook over high heat, stirring with a fork until all mixture starts to coagulate. Cook until underside is browned.
- Sprinkle with the mushrooms and cheese and place under a preheated broiler to melt the cheese.