Skillet Scramble with Eggs, Kale & Roasted Garlic
- large yukon gold potato (or similar potato such as red skinned)
- 1 Tbsp
- butter (used butter to fry the potatoes and olive oil to cook the eggs)
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- eggs, lightly whipped
- 1-2 clove
- roasted garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 c
- tuscan kale, stems removed and chopped (also known as lacinato or dinosaur kale)
- 1/4 c
- goat cheese, crumbled (chèvre, feta, etc.)
- cracked black pepper, to taste
How to Make Skillet Scramble with Eggs, Kale & Roasted Garlic
- 1Gently boil whole potato (skin on) until tender. Drain; when cool enough to handle, cut into 1/4" cubes.
- 2Melt butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet or non-stick sauté pan on medium-low heat. Add the cubed potatoes. Cook slowly until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes. Season with salt (not much though because the cheese is salty).
- 3Move potatoes in a pile to one side of skillet. Pour eggs into other side and [lightly scramble] in a little bit of olive oil or half olive oil and half butter. When eggs are not quite fully cooked, add garlic and kale and fold together with potatoes. Season to taste with cracked black pepper. Top with goat cheese.