Mexican Baked Eggs
4 cfresh hash browns-or frozen & thawed
2 cgrated mexican cheese mixture
2-3 Tbsptrader joe's taco seasoning (or your favorite brand)
12 Tbspsour cream
1-2 dash(es)taco sauce hot or mild
1-2 cchopped tomatoes
How to Make Mexican Baked Eggs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- In large mixing bowl toss the hash browns, cheese and taco seasoning together.
- In greased muffin tin...press enough of the hash brown mixture into each of 12 cups-coming about 1/2 way up to the sides of each one
- Bake these for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and crack one egg into each nest.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the eggs are set, and not runny. Do not bake until hard,
- Place two egg nests on each plate & garnish with avocados, tomatoes, sour cream & top with a bit of hot sauce (or allow each person to choose which garnishes are preferred).