Mexican Baked Eggs
- 4 c
- fresh hash browns-or frozen & thawed
- 2 c
- grated mexican cheese mixture
- 2-3 Tbsp
- trader joe's taco seasoning (or your favorite brand)
- 1-2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- chopped avacados
- 12 Tbsp
- sour cream
- 1-2 dash(es)
- taco sauce hot or mild
- 1-2 c
- chopped tomatoes
How to Make Mexican Baked Eggs
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees
- 2In large mixing bowl toss the hash browns, cheese and taco seasoning together.
- 3In greased muffin tin...press enough of the hash brown mixture into each of 12 cups-coming about 1/2 way up to the sides of each one
- 4Bake these for 10-12 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven and crack one egg into each nest.
- 6Bake for about 15 minutes or until the eggs are set, and not runny. Do not bake until hard,
- 7Place two egg nests on each plate & garnish with avocados, tomatoes, sour cream & top with a bit of hot sauce (or allow each person to choose which garnishes are preferred).