Iberia Rice with Eggs
Catherine Cappiello Pappas
- 2 cups uncooked iberia rice
- ¼ cup iberia olives – sliced
- 1 tsp. iberia hot sauce
- 9 oz. box of frozen spinach – thawed
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- leftover potato wedges
- your favorite breakfast toast
- grated romano or parmesan cheese for the rice - if desired
How to Make Iberia Rice with Eggs
- 1Prepare the rice as directed.
Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil; add the tomato sauce, sliced olives, rice, hot sauce and toss until thoroughly heated through and set aside.
Heat a small frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and add two tablespoon of thawed chopped spinach; spread around. Top the spinach with the two eggs cook until set and then gently flip for a second or two.
Serve with your favorite toast, left over potatoes if you have any and a good cup of coffee.