Huevos Rancheros Yucatan Style
- 5" corn tortillas
- pico de gallo, salsa, or spicy tomato sauce
- 1/2 c
- refried black beans, or refried pinto beans
- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- sour cream
- 1/4 c
- cotija, farmers, or any white mild cheese, grated
- vegetable cooking spray
- mexican crema (canned in mexican section of grocery)
How to Make Huevos Rancheros Yucatan Style
- 1Spray each side of tortillas with cooking spray and place on a baking rack. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes until golden and crunchy, turning half way through. Or use store-bought tostada flats warmed in the oven.
- 2Mix just enough sour cream into warmed refried black beans to make them smooth, creamy, and easy to spread. Spread bean mixture on tortillas and set on plate.
- 3Fry, poach or microwave four eggs in your preferred method sunny side up or over easy, individually. Place one cooked egg on top of each tortilla.
- 4Top tortilla, bean, egg creation with salsa or tomato sauce, grated cheese, and a drizzle of Crema. Enjoy!