freezer breakfast sandwiches
How to Make freezer breakfast sandwiches
- 1preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2you will need 2 baking sheets. roughly 15 X 10 and they need to have a rim. spray one with cooking spray and set aside.
- 3cut the metal clamp off one end of the sausage package rounds and squeeze the sausage starting at the other metal clip out of the plastic onto the un-sprayed baking sheet. it should come out easily in one piece.
- 4flatten both packages of sausage to fit the entire pan. seal any gaps to form one large slab of sausage. you can use food grade disposable gloves to do this. take a case knife, or any old knife really, and divide the sausage into 1/2 from short side to short side. then again long side to long side. you now have 4 sections. don't worry that it isn't completely separated this just helps to cut it after it is cooked. then divide each of those pieces with 2 cuts top to bottom and side to side and you should have 24. place in the preheated oven on the middle rack for 15 minutes. have a container ready to pour off any hot grease (the leaner your sausage the less grease and the less it will shrink.) I use a wide mouth canning jar and store it in the fridge and use the grease to make sausage gravy.
- 5while the sausage is baking you can break and whisk the eggs with the milk in a bowl or measure cup with a pour pout and set them aside. after you take the sausage out of the oven and pour off the grease set it aside to cool. place the sprayed baking sheet in the oven on the middle rack. have the rack pulled half way out. slowly pour the egg/milk mixture onto the middle of the sheet. it should evenly fill the pan. carefully slide in the rack and close the oven. bake 15 minutes or till the eggs are set (no longer runny.) remove the eggs from the oven and cut them the same way as the sausage leaving it on the pan. set aside. cut the sausage all the way thru , leaving it o the pan. set aside.
- 6i work with english muffins that are packages of 6 (you can get pks of 24 at sam's.) i split open 6 muffins and lay them aside. i tear a slice of cheese into 1/4 ths and arrange it on the eggs . place the cheese so it doesn't hang off the sides of the egg. i usually only use 2 or 3 of the pieces on each one. it saves on the cheese.
- 7with a small spatula place all the sausage on the egg. then transfer the egg sausage pieces onto the muffin. place the tops on the sausage. place each sandwich into zip-lock sandwich bags. (i use a straw to suck the air out of the bags before sealing to prevent freezer burn.) then i place the sealed sandwiches back into the muffin bag and close it with a twist tie. they all fit except 1 and i place those in a gallon zip bag - there will be 4.) repeat for all 24. freeze. mine never last longer than a month...they get eaten.
- 8i remove the sandwich bag and wrap in a paper towel and microwave to reheat. if they are frozen i reheat them at 1 minute on power level 3 (defrost) then flip and 30 seconds at 5 power level. then flip and 30 seconds at full power. you will have to use your own best judgement as microwave ovens are so different.