Chorizo Hash Stuffed Breakfast Mushrooms with Egg
4 largeportobello mushrooms
1/4 lbpork sausage
1/4 lbchorizo sausage
1/2 lbtri-color potatoes, chunked
1/4 ccilantro, fresh
1/2 conion, chopped
1red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 tspred pepper flakes
1/4 dash(es)mexican crema or sour cream.
How to Make Chorizo Hash Stuffed Breakfast Mushrooms with Egg
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, combine pork and chorizo sausage, onion, red bell pepper and potatoes and garlic. Cook through. Drain fat from pan.
- Fold sour cream and cilantro and ½ of the panko.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove stems and gills from mushrooms. Spoon chorizo sausage and veggie mixture into the bowl of the mushrooms. Top with remaining half of the panko.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the panko turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In skillet that chorizo was cooked in - heat over medium-high heat. Crack each egg into the skillet and cover pan with lid. Allow the eggs to cook until the whites have set.
- Top onto cooked stuffed mushrooms and garnish with cilantro. Devour immediately.