Chorizo and Eggs
- olive oil or bacon fat
- 1/3 c
- chopped onions (green, red, or yellow onions) optional
- 4 oz
- mexican chorizo sausage, removed from sausage casing
- 3 Tbsp
- raisins - soaked in hot water for 15 minutes and drained (optional)
- salt to taste
- tortillas - optional
- cilantro - optional
How to Make Chorizo and Eggs
- 1Heat a large skillet on medium high heat. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil or bacon fat in the pan. Add the chopped onions (optional) and cook until softened. Once softened, move to the side of the pan and add break up bits of chorizo into the pan. Use a wooden spatula to break up the pieces of sausage.
- 2Add the raisins. Stir until the sausage is cooked through, though not necessarily browned. Drain excess fat, if desired before continuing. Cook the onions and sausage for a min or 2.
- 3Crack the eggs one at a time, into the pan. Break the yolks and stir the eggs into the sausage. Add a light sprinkling of salt. Stir constantly until the eggs begin to set, but are still moist. Remove from heat.
Serve immediately with a side of warmed corn tortillas and cilantro as a garnish.