Vicki Butts (lazyme)
So here's my attempt to post more breakfast recipes for both of us to enjoy. lol.
- 1/2 lb
- breakfast sausage links
- 1 15-oz can(s)
- chili with beans
- 1 8-oz pkg
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 2 large
- 1/4 c
- olives, chopped
- sour cream, for garnish
How to Make Chili Omelet
- 1Cut the sausage into 1/4-inch chunks.
- 2In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, brown the sausages.
- 3When brown, add the chili and heat through 5 minutes.
- 4For an extra-cheesy omelet, stir in a handful or 2 of cheese.
- 5While this is cooking, heat an 8-inch skillet over medium-low heat and melt the butter.
- 6Beat the eggs with half the chives and pour into the pan.
- 7Cook until the egg forms a solid yellow circle.
- 8Cover half of the omelet with the sausage and chili mixture, reserving 1/4 cup.
- 9Add a layer of cheese, reserving 1/4 cup.
- 10Fold the omelet and top with the remaining chili and cheese.
- 11Slide the omelet onto a plate and garnish with a large dollop of sour cream and the remaining chives.