Vicki Butts (lazyme)
So here's my attempt to post more breakfast recipes for both of us to enjoy. lol.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbbreakfast sausage links
1 15-oz can(s)chili with beans
1 8-oz pkgmexican blend shredded cheese
2 Tbspunsalted butter
1/4 colives, chopped
·sour cream, for garnish
How to Make Chili Omelet
- Cut the sausage into 1/4-inch chunks.
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, brown the sausages.
- When brown, add the chili and heat through 5 minutes.
- For an extra-cheesy omelet, stir in a handful or 2 of cheese.
- While this is cooking, heat an 8-inch skillet over medium-low heat and melt the butter.
- Beat the eggs with half the chives and pour into the pan.
- Cook until the egg forms a solid yellow circle.
- Cover half of the omelet with the sausage and chili mixture, reserving 1/4 cup.
- Add a layer of cheese, reserving 1/4 cup.
- Fold the omelet and top with the remaining chili and cheese.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate and garnish with a large dollop of sour cream and the remaining chives.