Breakfast with a Kick
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12poblanos, stemmed, slit down the side and seeded
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
1/4 cplus 2 tbl. milk
12 smalltomatoe,s diced
12baby bella mushrooms, diced
12green onions, finely chopped
1/4 cplus 2 tbl. cilantro, chopped
3 cshredded cheddar/monterey jack cheese blend
How to Make Breakfast with a Kick
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Lightly coat both sides of poblano pepper with olive oil; place pepper, opened like a butterfly with cut side up, onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pepper is tender and skin starts to brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl; fold in tomato, mushroom, green onion, cilantro, salt, and black pepper.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir egg mixture in the melted butter until eggs are set, about 5 minutes. Spoon egg mixture into poblano pepper and top with Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.