Bacon, Mushroom and Pepper Jack Cheese Omelet
2 largeeggs, beaten
1 Tbsplow-fat milk
1 pinchblack pepper
1 slicebacon, cooked and crumbled into pieces
2button mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 ozgrated pepper jack cheese
1 Tbspblack olives, sliced (i try to use spanish black olives when i can get them)
1/2green onion, sliced
How to Make Bacon, Mushroom and Pepper Jack Cheese Omelet
- Lightly spray 8-inch skillet with no-stick spray. Heat skillet over medium heat.
- In a bowl beat together eggs, milk, salt and pepper until frothy. Pour into heated skillet. Cook, uncovered, without stirring for about 4 minutes and eggs start to set. As eggs start to set, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet and lift eggs slightly so the uncooked portion can flow underneath.
- When eggs are almost set, sprinkle the crumbled bacon pieces, sliced mushrooms and Pepper Jack cheese down the center of the omelet; let cook another 1 to 2 minutes, or until eggs are set throughout and the cheese is just starting to melt.
- Fold the omelet in thirds by folding one side of the omelet over the filling, and then folding the other side over the first side.
- Transfer the omelet to a plate. Garnish the top of the omelet with sliced black olives and green onion slices.