Applewood Smoked Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza
Recipe: Kitchen Daily
Photo: David Nehmer
- (14 oz) prepared pizza dough
- 1 c
- crisp crumbled applewood-smoked bacon
- cornmeal for dusting
- olive oil, as needed
- 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- chunky tomato sauce
- 1 c
- fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 c
- fontina cheese
- 4 medium
- 2 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper, as needed
How to Make Applewood Smoked Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza
- 1Heat oven to 450°F.
Divide dough ball into 4 pieces and roll or hand stretch each into a 7-inch crust. Sprinkle lightly with cornmeal and arrange cornmeal side down, on baking sheets
- 2Combine butter and spinach in small nonstick skillet and sauté over medium heat for 30 to 60 seconds, stirring constantly, until just wilted and reserve
- 3Spread tomato sauce evenly over each pizza and top with spinach and Fontina cheese. Sprinkle bacon around outer edge of each pizza (leaving center open for egg)
- 4Bake for 4 minutes. Remove pizza from oven. Using the back of a spoon, gently push sauce/cheese to outer edge forming an indentation.
- 5Gently pour cracked egg in center of each pizza. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese. Return pizzas to oven and bake an additional 5 to 6 minutes or until crust is golden
- 6If egg whites are not cooked, cover pizza and let sit an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until desired doneness.
Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cut each pizza into slices.