Western Omelet Casserole
This is EGG-CELLENT !!!
*** This is not my photo, but one from the internet.
- 1 pkg
- (32 ounces) frozen hashbrown potatoes
- 1 large
- onion (diced)
- 1 lb
- lean ham (cubed about 1-inch)
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 12 large
- eggs (beaten well)
- 1/2 medium
- each: green and red bell peppers (diced)
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- ground black pepper
How to Make Western Omelet Casserole
- 1Butter the crock of the inside of your slow cooker.
Layer 1/3 of the potatoes, veggetables, ham and cheese in the slow cooker. Repeat to do three layers.
- 2Beat together the milk, spices and eggs very well. Pour this mixture over the layered items in the slow cooker. Put the lid on the slow cooker.
- 3Cook overnight on low heat (about 8 - 9 hours).
- 4*** Serve with toast, french toast, pancakes or waffles and fresh fruits for a lovely breakfast or brunch.
- 5*** This can also be made by layering into a large deep casserole pan. Cover, refrigerate overnight. Bake in a 350 degree oven covered for 35 minutes. Uncovered for 15 minutes.