Western Omelet Casserole
This is EGG-CELLENT !!!
*** This is not my photo, but one from the internet.
1 pkg(32 ounces) frozen hashbrown potatoes
1 largeonion (diced)
1 lblean ham (cubed about 1-inch)
2 ccheddar cheese (shredded)
12 largeeggs (beaten well)
1/2 mediumeach: green and red bell peppers (diced)
1 1/4 cmilk
1 tspground black pepper
How to Make Western Omelet Casserole
- Butter the crock of the inside of your slow cooker.
Layer 1/3 of the potatoes, veggetables, ham and cheese in the slow cooker. Repeat to do three layers.
- Beat together the milk, spices and eggs very well. Pour this mixture over the layered items in the slow cooker. Put the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook overnight on low heat (about 8 - 9 hours).
- *** Serve with toast, french toast, pancakes or waffles and fresh fruits for a lovely breakfast or brunch.
- *** This can also be made by layering into a large deep casserole pan. Cover, refrigerate overnight. Bake in a 350 degree oven covered for 35 minutes. Uncovered for 15 minutes.