Ultimate Breakfast Casserole
2 pkgdiced, frozen hash browns ( or you can make homemade if you prefer)
2 (rolls) lbpork sausage, mild
2 pkgbacon, maple flavored
12 largeeggs, scrambled
3 cfiesta blend cheese, finely shredded
3 pkgcountry milk gravy mix (do not buy cheap brands, they taste watery)
3 cwater (for gravy mix)
·salt and pepper
How to Make Ultimate Breakfast Casserole
- Mix up the water and gravy mix and start it cooking, making sure to keep stirring it to prevent lumps or scorching.
You can deep fry the hashbrowns in oil until golden brown, (I did this once and it turned out really well) or in a skillet, add some butter and brown the hash browns really well. You have to cook the hash browns a little at the time to get an even browning. You could also do this in a large baking pan, you would have to just stir them to get them evenly browned.
- Scramble cook the sausage and set it aside in a strainer, inside a bowl, if possible, to strain all the grease off the sausage. Cook the Bacon, and crumble it on a paper towel to absorb all the grease.
- Cook the scrambled eggs and set them aside.
- In a large deep dish baking pan, (I use the disposable foil pans for lasagna, works great and makes for quick and easy clean up), layer the hash browns, sprinkle a little salt and pepper to taste, a fine layer of cheese, some scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and a layer of gravy, then repeat layers again, ending with a layer of cheese on top of gravy.
- Place the casserole in the oven for about 20 minutes to melt the cheese and just to bring everything together. Remove from oven and serve warm with your favorite toast, biscuit or bread.
- Or you could cover the casserole and place it in the refrigerator till the next morning. Place in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes to warm it up and melt the cheese, and again, serve warm with one of your favorite breakfast bread items if you like.