Tri-Tortilla Southwest Breakfast Strata
28-inch flour tortillas
28-inch tomato-basil tortillas or wraps
44-inch yellow corn tortillas
1large can sliced green chiles
1 1/2 cmilk
1 1/2 cshredded colby jack cheese
How to Make Tri-Tortilla Southwest Breakfast Strata
- Prepare a 9" X 13" or 8" X 12" glass baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin strata by tearing the 8 torillas into 1 to 2-inch pieces and setting on separate plate. Line the bottom of the dish with 1/3 of the mixed torn tortillas, overlapping only slightly. Spread 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese over top, and then 1/3 of the can of chiles.
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk eggs well and then add in the milk, pepper, and dash of salt. Mix well.
- Pour 1/2 of the egg-milk mixture over the tortilla-cheese-chile base. Reserve other half in bowl.
- Over egg-milk mixture, add next layer of 1/3 torn tortillas, 1/2 cup of cheese, and 1/3 can of chiles.
- Pour remaining half of egg-milk mixture over second tortilla-cheese-chile layer.
- Finish strata by layering remaining 1/3 of torn tortillas, 1/2 cup cheese, and 1/3 can chiles over top. (Arrange tortillas so they attractively cover entire top of dish.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. OR--Prepare the night before and refrigerate overnight; microwave on high for 5 minutes (or until dish is completely warm to touch, as microwaves vary). Then, bake for 20-25 minutes until firm in center, puffed and lightly browned. Serve warm with your choice of salsa.