If you cannot find fresh chorizo, I have made this with chopped canadian bacon or hot breakfast sausage.
3 cfrozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
1/4 cbutter, melted
3/4 lbfresh chorizo, browned
1 cmild cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cgreen, yellow or red bell pepper chopped
1/4 conion, finely chopped
1jalapeno, finely chopped
1/2 tspseasoning salt (i use tony chachere's creole seasoning)
1/4 tspblack pepper
How to Make Texas Quiche
- Spread the potatoes on a plate layered with paper towels, thaw in the microwave. Press out any remaining moisture.
- Pat the potatoes over the bottom and sides of an ungreased 9 inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle potatoes evenly with seasoning salt and then drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350.
- Layer the chorizo, cheese, pepper, onion and jalapeno over the baked crust.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper until blended and pour over the prepared layers.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife in the center comes out clean.