- 1 or 2 lb
- pork sausage [hot]
- 1 tsp
- mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- milk or half in half
- 8 slice
- bread [butter, toasted and cut into chunks]
- 8 oz
- shredded chesse [sharp chedder or your favorite]
- 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano, sage, red pepper flakes [optional]
- med.onion diced [optional]
How to Make Tasty Breakfast Casserole
- 11. Crumble sausage & onion into a medium skillet. Cook over medium heat until evenly brown; drain.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together spices,milk,eggs & salt.
Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish in this order.
- 2Bottem sausage/onion,
top with cheese,
top with toasted bread chunks,
pour egg mixture all over the bread.
- 3Cover, and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
I have put straight in the oven which turned out fine.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Cook 45 mins, then uncover and cook at 325 appox 20 mins until slightly brown around the edges . Cook until most liquid has absorbed. Poke with fork to see if done. May need additional time.
Cool 10 mins.
Top with sour cream or gravy if desired.